Additional Treatment Benefits
There are several additional advantages to this type of treatment. Implant-supported restorations offer:
- More convenient: Traditional dentures must be removed and cleaned daily, and require messy adhesives. Fixed implant-supported options often require special cleaning tools but are much more convenient.
- Increased stability: When compared to traditional dentures, implant-supported restorations offer unparalleled security and stability.
- Improved oral health: By placing dental implants into the jawbone, your bone density will be preserved, and further bone loss will be prevented.
- More flexible diet: Denture wearers often find it difficult to eat their favorite foods, such as steak and apples. Securing your restoration with implants can allow you to confidently eat an unrestricted diet.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Implant-supported dentures remain firmly in place and rest directly against the gums. This makes them virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Although implant-supported dentures are more expensive than traditional options, most patients consider them an invaluable investment in their health. Many dentists offer financing options to help manage out-of-pocket costs.