What to Expect from Diagnosis to Management
- First, visit your dentist to discuss your symptoms. They may refer you to a sleep specialist for further diagnosis.
- X-rays, 3-D imaging scans, and sleep testing devices may be used to more accurately evaluate your condition and its effects.
- Your dentist will then take impressions of your bite to design a customized oral appliance.
- Wear your appliance while you sleep, as directed. Many patients experience relief after just one night!
- Make sure to attend follow-up appointments to ensure you are properly managing your condition.