What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
A strong and durable restoration, dental implants are used to replace missing or badly damaged teeth. Secured directly into your jaw bone as an artificial root, implants can provide comfortable and reliable results. Dr. John F. Rink can help you understand the extraordinary benefits of dental implants at his Charleston, SC, practice. A few of these benefits include increased comfort, a stronger jaw bone, and the freedom to eat and speak with confidence. To learn about all of the benefits that dental implants can offer, contact our practice today.
Understanding Dental Implants
Placing and restoring a dental implant is usually divided into two separate appointments. During your first visit, we will place a titanium post into your jaw bone. This post functions as an artificial tooth root and will fuse to the bone over a period of several months. During your second visit, and once the implant has sufficiently integrated, your permanent restoration will be placed. Depending on your treatment goals, you may have a number of different restorations placed, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures. Although he does not perform placement surgery, Dr. Rink specializes in lifelike restorations that help make your smile look natural.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the only restoration currently available that can fully replace a tooth. Patients who elect dental implants can look forward to numerous benefits:
- Durability: Because implants fuse directly with the jaw bone, they are incredibly stable and can stand up to substantial chewing force. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Increased comfort: Once the implant posts are fully integrated into the jaw bone, the result feels completely natural. Patients will not have to worry about their new teeth slipping or shifting as they might with dentures. Consequently, eating and speaking becomes much easier, more enjoyable, and very comfortable.
- Improved oral health: Tooth loss leads to a decrease in jaw bone density. The artificial roots of dental implants replicate the lost stimulation of teeth and roots, and help strengthen weakened bone.
- Conservative treatment: Other types of restorations may require cutting down or even removing adjacent teeth. Since implants are attached to the jaw instead of neighboring teeth, they help to preserve tooth structure and tissue. For example, implant-supported crowns do not rely on healthy teeth for support.
- Natural-looking: Your restoration will be customized to fit your mouth, ensuring a lifelike appearance. Your family and friends will not be able to distinguish between a real tooth and an implant.
- Improved confidence: With a natural-looking, sturdy smile, you can gain confidence in your appearance and will feel more comfortable speaking, eating, and smiling. This can have a positive impact on your professional and personal life.
Contact Us Today
At Charleston Center for Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry, we value patients as individuals, taking the time to get to know you and respecting your expectations and goals. With a patient-centered approach, Dr. Rink and his staff emphasize communication, so that you can achieve the best possible results. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, and how they can positively affect your life, contact us today.