Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Dr. John F. Rink and his team recognize that price is a significant concern when considering an elective dental procedure. Although the cost of dental implants is typically higher than other restorative procedures, most patients feel that their unique benefits make them a worthy investment.
To help determine if this treatment is right for you, Dr. Rink will review the specific aspects that affect the cost of dental implants during a personal consultation at our Charleston, SC, practice. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more.
Major Dental Implants Cost Factors
Undergoing a dental implants treatment with Dr. Rink is a highly personalized process, so the total cost varies from patient to patient. In general, the biggest factors that affect cost include:
- The number of implants being placed: Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or an entire row. The cost of treatment will be directly related to the number of implants being placed.
- The type of restoration being created: Once your dental implants have healed, they can provide unparalleled support to dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. Larger restorations are typically more expensive, and prices may also increase depending upon the material being used.
- The need for any preparatory procedures: Since the jawbone naturally begins to recede after tooth loss, many candidates for dental implants will require a bone grafting or sinus lift procedure to restore necessary jawbone strength. If you require a preparatory procedure, this will increase the total cost of your dental implants treatment.
- The need for additional sedation: In most cases, dental implants placement surgery is performed with local anesthesia. However, some patients will request general anesthesia or require additional forms of sedation, which will increase costs.
- Surgical fees: The cost of treatment can be affected by your choice of surgeon and the surgical facility in which the procedure is performed.
We will discuss each of these factors in detail during the planning process and completely personalize your procedure based on your unique needs and goals.
Undergoing a dental implants treatment with Dr. Rink is a highly personalized process, so the total cost varies from patient to patient.
A Worthwhile Investment in Your Smile
While other restorative procedures can effectively address tooth loss, none offer the comprehensive benefits of dental implants. By supporting your crown, bridge, or denture with implants, you can eat, speak, and smile with the full confidence of knowing that it will always remain firmly in place. Furthermore, you can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods. With proper care, dental implants can last for the rest of your life. Finally, dental implants return stimulation to the jaw by acting as artificial tooth roots, which helps to halt jawbone recession and prevent changing facial structure. These unparalleled benefits have made dental implants the absolute best form of tooth replacement.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
At the Charleston Center for Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry, we emphasize a patient-centered approach to treatment. When planning your dental implants procedure, we will do all we can to help place this life-changing treatment within your budget. Contact our practice today to schedule a dental implants cost consultation with Dr. Rink.