How Can I Tell if I Have OSA?
A major indicator that you may have OSA is excessive loud snoring while sleeping on your back. This is often very noticeable to those sleeping near you. There are other signs of OSA, including:
- Severe drowsiness during the day
- Inability to concentrate
- Waking up abruptly, and short of breath
- Dry mouth, sore throat, or chest pain upon waking up
- Morning headache
- Mood changes (depression or irritability)
- Insomnia (difficulty staying or falling asleep)
- High blood pressure
Not everyone who snores has sleep apnea. But if you snore loudly or experience any of these signs, contact our team at Charleston Center for Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry immediately.