Immediate Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
By John Rink DDS on January 11, 2013
A perfectly straight smile can be yours much quicker than you probably think! At the Charleston cosmetic dentistry practice of Dr. John Rink, we are using porcelain veneers as instant orthodontics to quickly and painlessly give our patients the gorgeous smile of their dreams. Read on to learn more about the benefits of instant orthodontics.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Used as Instant Orthodontics?
Porcelain veneers are used to fix a number of aesthetic dental conditions by masking flaws with a tooth-shaped fabrication. Porcelain veneers are thin prosthetics, custom-made from impressions of your teeth. Each veneer is made to a desired shape and shade to improve the size, shape, and overall appearance of your teeth. Once the veneers are ready, they will be bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth to instantly improve your smile. Traditional orthodontic treatment is used to straighten crooked teeth and close gaps over several months. Porcelain veneers can be used as instant orthodontics to immediately give your teeth a straight, proportionate appearance in as little as two dental visits. Porcelain veneers are used as instant orthodontics in the following ways:
- Straightening Crooked Teeth: Porcelain veneers can be used to cover crooked teeth to give them a perfectly straight appearance.
- Closing Gaps between Teeth: Gaps between teeth can be closed with instant orthodontics.
- Improving Tooth Proportion: The overall proportion of the teeth can be improved with porcelain veneers, creating a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. This is achieved by customizing each porcelain veneer to the proper shape and size.
- Creating Even Teeth: Small or irregularly shaped teeth can make the smile look uneven. Porcelain veneers can be used to correct such flaws to create a straight and even smile.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
Instant orthodontics using porcelain veneers offers many benefits over traditional metal braces. Time, convenience, and immediate results make instant orthodontics appealing to those with busy lifestyles. For our patients in Charleston, porcelain veneers offer similar results as traditional orthodontics, but in a fraction of the time. Here are some of the many benefits to be aware of when considering instant orthodontic treatment.
- Instant Results: With porcelain veneers as instant orthodontics, you will have a beautiful smile in as little as two dental visits, rather than waiting a year or more while wearing braces.
- Pain-free: Most people find the placement process for porcelain to be completely painless as opposed to traditional orthodontics. Metal braces require regular tightening. Headaches and constant soreness is a common complaint of metal braces wearers, and can be avoided with instant orthodontics.
- Greater Comfort: Traditional braces often irritate and cut the inside of the mouth, making them very uncomfortable. Porcelain veneers are thin and comfortable.
- Ease of Maintenance: Those who wear braces must constantly brush their teeth and avoid certain foods to avoid decay and discoloration around the metal brackets. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, are easy to clean and maintain. Once veneers are placed, you can clean them just as you do your natural teeth.
- Increased Confidence: Instant orthodontics can give you the confidence of a beautiful smile without enduring the embarrassment metal braces can cause.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Rink to see if instant orthodontics is right for you.